I am in the process of fixing my room right now. Everything is everywhere. So many things are scattered all over my floor. I'm trying to put everything in one box. [You see, my brother is taking over my room when I leave for college thats why all of my things have to be packed up. boohoo.]
In the middle of all the mess, I came across my letters portfolio. It's where I keep all the letters I recieve from before before.
But before I continue I just want to make a clear point:
You see guys, when I was a kid, I absolutely LOVED Harry Potter. I loved it so much that I would day dream I was part of the novel. I was so in love with the whole concept of Hogwarts and magic. Ikat and I shared this Harry Potter high back in 5th grade. We even made our own versions of the novel and inlcluded ourselves in it. My characters name was VernoNICA Vindelle. HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Okay, now GOING BACK.
I wrote a letter to J.K Rowling. Yes I did. When I was 10. That was in grade 5 you see. You better believe me haha! And I found a copy of my letter in my portfolio. I was so excited to read it. Imagine! After 7 years I get to read it! Oh it was classic. Here's what I wrote to her:
Aug 5 2001
Dear JK Rowling,
Greetings!
My name is Nicollette Constante. I am a fifth grader in Assumption College SLV, Philippines. I admire your very famous book Harry Potter. Harry Potter is a very nice story but some people are afraid to read it. They say its because it is all about witchcraft. Why did you write stories about witchcraft anyway? They say you are very bad but I dont believe that. I think you are a good author for such a famous book.
I have a project to pass in school. I would like to ask some questions about you and about the story Harry Potter.
1. What inspired you to write the story Harry Potter?
2. Is it hard to write sucha thick book and why?
3. How does it feel to be a famous author?
4. What inspired you for the names of the characters?
Thank you, for having the time to read my letter. If possible, can you please reply as soon as you can?
Sincerely,
Nicollette Constante
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
And for the record, SHE WROTE BACK! I can show you the letter in person if you want. It came complete with the UK stamp with the queens face on it. But her signature was computer generated. Pfft. But its okay since she wrote back! Maybe I'll write to her again. Maybe.
My second question was kinda really awkward. I dont understand why I had to ask 'why.' The why question doesnt make any sense. Plus I dont even remember writing to her for a project. Maybe it was because I wanted to steal her secrets as an award winning author. HAHA. But really, I think thats why I asked those questions. What was I thinking?
The insane Harry Potter fan,
Nica
June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
i want to see the letter! haha wow, that was so long ago nics. :))
I accidentally passed this site and I enjoyed reading the first page. Will visit this again. Keep on writing and enjoy college life!
hahaha! i love your letter. I used to pretend I was a character in Harry Potter in grade 3 or something too! I forgot what our names were but we had a sorting ceremony and everything. haha. And we called our teacher prof. mcgonagall, just not to her face.:)
it's sooo cool she wrote back!
I also wrote to J.K. Rowling!!! Haha! Her reply even came with 2 autogrpahed pictures of her.
I remember you used to run along the hallway with the sorting hat on your head. Funny shiz xD
omg! our harry potter days! HAHAHA, shittt, i still have our stories in a notebook! :)) i'll publish it one day and have the title say, UNFINISHED STORIES BY HARRYPOTTERLOVING5THGRADERS. hahahahaha!! ang haba eh! :))
Post a Comment