April 3, 2008

Yesterday

April 2 was an interesting day.

I woke up hella early. I had driving lessons with "Sir Nel". Nel is an ex-stunt man. In his own words he told me 'kasama ko noon si Lito Lapid.' I didnt want to believe him at first but after seeing his calf muscles and broken fingerS I knew he wasnt lying.

In the afternoon I went to my yoga class. I do bikram yoga so its insanely hot. LITERALY. The teacher makes a pool of sweat all over the floor and its so gross. Whenever Im in a lying position I have to be cautious of the teacher passing by my side cause his sweat might drip on me. But I absolutely love yoga. My favorite part of the class is at the end when we all say 'NAMASTE'.

Before the sun went down I went to polo for Cara's debut. I absolutely loved her dresses. Especially the silver one. How very nice. In the middle of the program I had to recite my haikus. I was so nervous cause there were so much old people. Im not comfortable reading my haikus to old people. Im afraid theyll judge me.

As requested by the debutant, here are the haikus:

Cara During Lunch Time
Moist hot air outside
Bell rings- time for us to eat
Pesto, not sharing

Cara Falling
Time slows down... aircon buzz
We form a line- knee jerks
Cara falls, skirt rips

Cara's Cough
Fleks of spit flying
She listens to joey reporting
Coughing or sneezing? HAAA-UGHHH!!!

Cara, if youre reading this you must know that Ikat helped me with the haikus. Especially the second one. MALIGAYANG KAARAWAN! I wish you many more birthdays, knee jerks, and ripped skirts in your life! Mabuhay ka Cara Gonzalez! Sana you wont forget me when you become a doctor. Pwede free consultation and meds? Baka mahal na kasi ang medicina in the future. Let me know.

Special mention to PAULA SAN JOSE. Hello animal, I miss your face.

Greeting You a Happy Post April Fools,
Nica

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, those were the most heart felt haikus ever. hahahaha! :) it was soooo funny. :| i swear, in college, people will judge me for my pesto, knee jerk and sneeze. hahahaha! :) ily. thanks for coming!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA nica i love your haikus :) -patv

Anonymous said...

wow. i finally figured out how to comment :) okay.. now that i have discovered the process of how blogs work... imma bounce and comment something more substantial in the future. love you penut:) awesome poetic skillz -auti

Anonymous said...

nics! i miss you too! college won't be the same without you.

when you visit, i can sneak you in our classes. haha :)

batjay said...

congatulations nica. you do write well.

thank you very much for the fan mail.
jay

PS - i also have a haiku. it's called "the ballad of the suicidal mosquito"

suicidal na lamok.
inamoy ang usok
ng sinindihan na katol.

Anonymous said...

yay! i was mentioned!