Airplane Blues
Flight attendant: Hello. Would you like to have juice, coffee or tea?
Me: Orange juice please
Father: Tea
Mother: Splenda
Hayyy. Splenda is not a drink, mom!
You know what, I will really miss the PAL airport. Actually I'm lying. Im so happy I never have to take my shoes off in an airport again. That airport is so inconvenient its annoying. I even heard a conversation of two foreigners saying how much they hated the whole routine of taking their shoes off, opening hand carries, assigning numbers to your hand carries blah blah blah. Oh well. What do you expect? It's the Philippines!
I feel a little awkward being here. I feel like I'm still going home, but really I'm not. Sometimes, I get butterflies in my tummy. I don't know why.
When the airplane was taking off I was looking down at the Philippines. It was night time so all I could see were lights. It was so beautiful. I was able to trace out the south super highway [I've always wondered why its called 'super'], Alabang, Tagaytay, so on and so forth. The Philippines is so beautiful. I will miss her.
Thank you to those who left a comment on my last entry and to the rest who read it. It made me feel like I always have a place to go home to. I love you all very much. I also want to say thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my blog. I never knew that a number of my friends actually read my entires. Napakacool. I made this blog for you guys so please come back.
Most of the time I also wonder if random people around the world read my blog. Because whenever I look at the live traffic feed and map I see people from different countries visit. It's weird. It feels weird having strangers read my posts. Oh well. I guess thats the world of blogging!
Thank you to Cara for my Filipino junk food. Im so happy I have chocnut!!!
I shall sleep. Sa susunod!
Nica
July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
hey nica!!! :) -kokie
Wonder no more if people around the world would be reading your site. I actually stumbled upon your site and since then I go visit it. You know why? Because your teenage rants and raves make sense. =) To think that I'm no longer a teener ages ago.
Keep writing and the best of luck in your life outside the Philippines. I miss Choc nut. =)
Nica, i love your mom. She is too funny for words. Splenda! hahaha check your email. :)
your mom talaga is soooo funny! :)) splenda! aww and i agree with witsandnuts! you're too awesomeee :)take care there! i love you! :)
hahaha i really laughed with your mom and Splenda!! hahaha i know what you mean when your p in the air and its night time and all you see are the bright lights. :) its really beautiful :D miss you nics-Magsy
p.s i'm really enjoying your entries:D:D:D ahaha
i absolutely love your blog entries! they make me happy (:
im so happy you liked my pabaon! :) im kilig im even mentioned here! :) im thinking of getting blogspot cuz my lj is a bit lame. :| hahaha! :) miss you papa d, the philly aint the same without you.
i had pesto for dinner, and i got sad cuz i realized that tom, is not an AC school day and i wouldnt have baon to share with you guys.
Post a Comment